Approved by: Indian Nursing Council (INC) Govt. of India & State Nursing Council Govt. of Assam
1.Master of Science in Nursing (M. Sc. Nursing)
(Specialization in 1. OBG 2. Padiatrics 3. Community Health Nursing 4. Medical Surgical Nursing)
Duration: 2 years
Intake capacity- 20 Nos.
2.Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B. Sc. Nursing)
Duration: 4 years inclusive of 6 months internship
Intake capacity- 80 Nos.
3.Post Basic B. Sc. (N)
Duration- 2 years
Intake Capacity- 20 Nos.
4.Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
Duration: 3 years
Intake Capacity- 60 Nos.
5.Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM)
Duration: 2 years
Intake Capacity- 40 Nos.
1. M.Sc.(N):B .Sc (N )/P.B .B .Sc (N )with minimum of 55% on aggregate marks and 1 year experience after Basic B.Sc (N) and
prior or after P.B.B.Sc (N).Moreover, the candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
2. B.Sc.(N) (10+2) Science with 45% minimum mark in PCBE for General & 40% for SC/ST
3. Post Basic B.Sc.(N): 50% in GNM
4. GNM Nursing: (10+2) in any stream (preferable to science stream) with minimum 45% marks and 40% marks for SC/ST.
5. ANM Nursing: (10+2) in any stream
CPMS College of Nursing is a professional institution which functions within the framework and philosophy of Purbanchal Educational Welfare Society. The belief of the institution for the Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme is to prepare an educated person who will have establishment and competency of a nurse to provide Primitive, Preventive, Curative, and Rehabilitative aspects of care to all the groups of people in different health care setting based on scientific principles. He/she is obligated to provide holistic care to each individual in a unique pattern that will bring about change in the hospital and community health service globally. The teachers of CPMS College of Nursing believe in the individuality of each students in his/her capability, interest, cognitive ability and skill and accordingly accept the responsibilities to provide for continuous development of each student as an educated individuals, responsible citizen and a Graduate Nurse.
- To prepare a student to graduate level,responsible citizen and a competent Nurse.
- To develop sound theoretical base for practice of Nursing Skills.
- To demonstrate skills required in the practice of all areas of Nursing.
- To integrate principles of Behavioral, Social, Physical and Biological Sciences in fulfilling health care need.
- To assist the patients and their families in identifying their social, mental and physical health needs.
- To assume greater responsibilities and leadership in various health care setting with application of modern technology and information.
- To be able to collaborate with patients, their families, health team members and other health related organizations and contribute meaningfully for the welfare of the community.
- To be aware of moral and ethical values and to practice them in his/her personal and professional life.
- To be capable of seeking opportunities for control growth as an educated person, responsible citizen and a professional Nurse.
The demand for Nurse has been increasing day by day all over the world along with job prospects opening up at various levels. Nursing is a profession that not only develops the personality of an individual but also brings progressive change to the society. The avenues are challenging and invigorating and can be chosen as one prefers.
CPMS College of Nursing is having the following Laboratories:
1.Nursing Foundation Laboratory
2.Community Health Nursing Laboratory
3.Maternal and Child Health Laboratory
5.Anatomy Laboratory with Physiology Museum
6.Microbiology and Biochemistry Laboratory.